We had a nice Easter, just the 2 of us (and Barley). I made a giant fancy meal including an 8 lb ham, smashed potatoes, asparagus wrapped in proscuitto, green bean casserole, and corn bread. Oh, and some Angel Lush cake for dessert! It doesn't replace celebrating Easter with lots of family, but we did have a good day!
We got iPhones on Saturday!! We've been with AT&T for a couple years now, so we were ready to renew our contract and get new phones. We had seen some commercials for some Samsung phones that were buy one get one, but it turns out that was only if you were a new AT&T customer, go figure. Since the Samsung no longer seemed like such a good deal, we scratched the itch we'd been feeling and got ourselves some iPhones!! This is truly the most amazing piece of technology I've ever owned. When I wake up in the morning, I can check my email, weather, and news without even getting out of bed. It's got a GPS on it. I used it to find a place to grab some breakfast the other day when I was in an unfamiliar area. Last night I used my Dave Matthews Band app to see last night's setlist, as it was happening. The Pandora app is amazing. It creates your own radio station (free!!!) with your favorite artists/music. I have the yellow pages on my phone. I've got games! I've even got a dog whistle application. I'm soon going to add epocrates, which tells me all the information I'll need to know about the medications I prescribe (i.e. what sizes they come in, what different strengths, if any generic available, prices, and known side effects). There's also an app for medical Spanish! Of course that's going to help me immensely. Mira aqui, por favor!! And I've only just scratched the surface... !!! Residency interview is today at 1:15pm!! Judging from the other docs I've spoken with, chances look good - but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I'll post later today and let you know how it went. (Does anyone even read this blog anyway??)
NBEO (national boards) part III Friday morning and Sunday afternoon. It's a big week!!
I am SO JEALOUS about the iPhones! I have wanted an iPhone FOREVER because my grandpa got one two years ago and loves it. My entire family has been on AT&T for years, but I just recently switched over to Jake's plan and had to give up my dream of an iPhone. Seriously, every time someone gets one I die a little bit inside...
ReplyDelete