Thursday, August 20, 2009

July and August

Holy moly - what an absence in my blogging! I blame several factors. Life in general has been really busy. Our computer typically sits in the 2nd bedroom, and I feel like I'm going off to a cave by myself so I try to avoid it. I spend far too much time on my iPhone, which means less time on the computer. But blogging brings me joy, so I'm back at it!

It's been a crazy different life the last few months. I took and passed the Florida boards. Received my official license in the mail just yesterday! Feels like a bit of freedom - I'm tired of needing my charts double checked and co-signed every time I see a patient! Residency is going wonderfully. I love my schedule and I learn more in one day than I did in a month while I was in school! I really enjoy everyone I work with - especially the other residents. I'm already sad that this is only lasting a year. However, I can't wait to say goodbye to the crappy pay. That's the downfall of a residency.

My grandpa passed away suddenly in July, and I was unable to return home. I've never felt so far away. That was really difficult. It was nice to recall lots of memories of grandpa. He was a stinker! Quiet and observant on the outside, but he was a real prankster and jokster. He taught me that goshdarnit, you don't put any sauce on a good steak! I never forgot that, but sometimes I sneak some A1. Just a little. He had my brother take a sniff of some homemade horseradish from the refrigerator. Jacob took such a huge inhale that he nearly (or completely) threw up! Grandpa giggled. Mom and Grandma weren't so happy. Into my 20s, he continued to tease me about having zits. Got a huge one the week he passed - thanks Gramps! He lived a very full life and he is surely missed. I'm proud of my family and the way they've been handling everything - love you all!

Flew to Iowa for a short trip at the end of July. I made a surprise visit to baby Bella Hunerdosse's baby shower, and picked up our new baby - Hops! Hops has been a wonderful addition to our little family. She and Barley have become best friends. We have become professional pee and poop cleaner uppers. But now we leave Hops and Barley out while we go to work, and they do all their business on the potty pad - FINALLY! Hops watches Barley so closely and tries to imitate many of the things that she does. Including the bad habits! Barley seems to smile much more than she did before Hops, so I think they're both very happy. And for the record, I realize it may be weird to talk about my dogs like they're children and I'm okay with that. (=



Last weekend to took all 4 of us to West Palm Beach to meet some friends for the Dave Matthews Band concerts. Following some ticket confusion for Saturday's concert, we ended up in the 17th row. It was a fabulous weekend and we saw 2 amazing concerts. Definitely memorable - just wish Jo could've made it!

And in case you were wondering, YouTube added some really stupid classical music to the video of the pups below. But at least the video is still cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment